100gr salted butter
75gr light brown soft sugar
1tbsp grated fresh ginger
100gr golden syrup
250gr Shipton Mill Self-raising flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5tsp ground ginger
1 small egg yolk
1. Heat oven to 190C/170C fan or gas 5. Line two large baking trays with baking parchment.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt, butter, sugar, syrup and fresh ginger, leave to cool.
3. Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a mixing bowl with a wooden spoon.
4. Gradually stir in cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk, knead briefly to make a dough.
5. Roll the dough into 20gr balls, put on baking trays with 3cm between to allow for spreading, flatten slightly.
6. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool for a minute on tray, then transfer to cooling rack.
Enjoy, store in airtight container for up to 10 days, if you're lucky!!