This is my recipe for Pflammkuchen (German pizza)
200g strong flour
10g fresh yeast/5g dried yeast/3g quick yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tbsp oil
2 onions, finely sliced (lightly fried if desired)
125g organic cream cheese
2 or 3 rashers bacon, cut in to small pieces
60g mushrooms, sliced
60g grated cheese
1. If using fresh yeast, crumble it into a bowl, add the sugar and measured water and leave to ferment for 10 minutes. Similarly activate dried yeast. Mix quick yeast in with flour.
2. Put flour, oil and salt into a bowl, then mix in the tepid water/yeast mixture. Add sufficient extra water to form a soft dough.
3. Knead on a lightly floured board for 10 minutes.
4. Place the dough in a bowl, cover and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
5. Roll the dough and place on an oiled baking tray.
6. Spread the cream cheese over the dough.
7. Add the onion, then the spinach leaves followed by the mushroom and bacon. Finally, sprinkle the cheese on top.
8. Allow to prove in a warm place.
9. Cook for about 20-25 minutes at 190°C until the centre of the Pflammkuchen is cooked.
10. Remove from the oven, cut into portions and enjoy with salad.