for approx. 4 people
• 100 g of coarse semolina
• 300 g of 00 pasta flour
• 2 egg yokes
• 4 eggs
• 1tsp salt
• Lots of coarse semolina during rolling
1. Whisk eggs and egg yolks in a large bowl
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and then make a volcano on a clan worktop.
3. Add the egg to the centre then knead for 10 min until the dough springs back. It’s quite hard work. You want the dough quite wet.
4. Let the dough rest at room temp for 1 h wrapped in cling film.
5. Separate a third of the pasta then re-wrap the remaining dough ball.
6. With the separated pasta roll it into a sausage 1 cm thick. Use plenty of coarse semolina to stop it sticking.
7. Use the pasta machine at its coarsest setting. Pass the pasta through twice. Keep reducing the thickness and always pass the pasta through twice. Makes sure at each step you used semolina to stop it sticking.
8. Pass it through the shaping machine.
9. The pasta should be cooked in lots of salted water for 3 min.
Evie’e top tip: The biggest risk is that the pasta clumps together. To stop this from happening make sure you use lots of semolina and be gentle with it.
Matilda’s top tip: The pasta dough will be fine to keep in the fridge wrapped in clingfilm for a few days.