Preheat oven to as high temperature as you can. If using a baking stone then put the stone in now.
500g Shipton Mill Traditional White Flour
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and tip out on to a lightly floured surface
- Knead well 5 minutes till dough sticky and elastic
- Place back in bowl and leave to rest for an hour
- When doubled in size tip out gently onto a flour work surface
- Gently smooth out dough into a square about 1.5 to 2cm think
- Dust top well with flour and leave for 5 minutes covered with a tea towel
- Cut the dough into rectangular pieces and then each rectangle into 3 triangles
- Using a dough cutter make a series of diagonal slits through the dough but not through the edges
- Tease apart the slits with your fingers to resemble a cheese plant leaf shape
- Gently transfer the leaf onto a peel or floured baking tray and slide on to the hot stone in the oven
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until nicely golden brown.