My method for fool proof bread
• 560g strong white flour
• 10g sea salt
• 7g dried yeast
• 330ml tepid water
• 20ml rapeseed oil
1. Stir 100 ml tepid water, teaspoon caster sugar & yeast to make starter. Leave 15 mins until foaming.
2. Mix all the ingredients together & mix for 10 minutes at speed 4-5 until you have smooth dough.
3. Cover in cling film with no air gaps. Leave it in a warm place to grow to twice its size for 45 mins.
4. Divide dough into 2 equal portions & knock back by folding into round cobs. Cover with oiled cling film & leave it in a warm place to double in size or for 45 mins (whichever is first).
5. Preheat the fan oven to 200°C. Slash the top of your loaf and use peel to transfer to hot baking stone in the preheated oven. Throw half a cupful of water into the bottom of the oven for the perfect crust.
6. Check it after 10 minutes, again throw in half cup water and turn the oven down a notch (180°C, fan oven). Take it out after 25 minutes when it's baked and beautifully golden all over. Tap the bottoms to check they sound hollow.
7. Turn the loaves/buns out to cool on a wire rack. Do not cover with tea towel.