350g Strong White Bread Organic Flour
100g Emmer Organic Flour
50g Khorason Organic Flour
20g Organic Semolina
1.5tsp Dried Yeast
10g Sea Salt
50g Olive Oil
6 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Red Pepper (chopped)
1/3 Aubergine (chopped)
1/2 Courgette (chopped)
2" Butternut Squash section (peeled and chopped into small bitesize pieces)
6 Cherry Tomatoes (cut in half)
6 Sundried Tomatoes, marinated in olive oil for at least 12 hours (chopped into bitesize pieces)
Handful of Spinach Leaves
- In a roasting tin mix the vegetables except tomatoes and spinach in olive oil.
- Roast for around 30 minutes in an oven at 180c. Stir occasionally. When softened remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Mix flour and semolina in a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil.
- If necessary activate yeast then add.
- Add water (reserve 20g to mix with the salt).
- Mix and form a dough. Add a little water if too dry.
- Cover and allow to rest for 20 minutes.
- Knead lightly for around 10 minutes until silky smooth.
- Return to an oiled mixing bowl.
- Mix salt with remaing 20g water until disolved. Add to dough and stretch and fold to incorporate slowly.
- Cover and rest for 30 minutes. Stretch and fold twice every ten minutes. Rest in between.
- Allow to rise and double in size in a warm environment.
- Remove gently from the mixing bowl and gently ease by stretching into an oblong shape 12" x 9" x 1".
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- Spread with pesto. Then spread out the cooled roasted vegetables and tomatoes leaving around an inch gap all round. Top with spinach.
- With one of the short sides nearest you fold the top half down, press the edges llightly. Repeat with the bottom half. Turn over and tuck under the edges to form a parcel. Cut 3" slits in the top through to the vegetables to form a pattern of your choice. Slightly open the slits (like a fougasse)
- Allow to rise covered on a baking tray for around 30 minutes. Sprinkle with olive oil.
- Set oven for 230c and bake for around 5 minutes; turn oven down to 220c and bake for around 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with olive oil. Cool slightly and either slice or quarter. Serve with a salad bowl.