- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 300ml water
- 500g strong flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- For the filling and topping
- 200g Gorgonzola cheese
- 200g Mozarella sliced
- A handful of basil
- 1/2 tsp course salt
- 4 springs of rosemary stems
- 4tbsp olive oil
- sprinkle the yeast into 200ml of water in a bowl. Leave for 5 min stir to dissolve. Mix the flour & salt together in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the yeasted water & oil.
- Mix in the flour. Stir in the remaning water to form a soft, sticky dough. Add more water if needed.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth & soft, silky about 10 min.
- Put dough into a oiled bowl cover with cling film. Leave to rise for about 1 1/2 2hours. Knock back and divide the dough into 2 pieces. Chafe for 5 min then leave for 10 min to rest.
- Roll out the dough to 9 1/2 inch round. Place one onto a oiled baking sheet. Arrange the two cheeses & basil over the top, cover the the other and seal the the other round piece of dough.
- Cover the dough to prove for 30 min until double its size.
- Press gently into the top of the dough to form dimples. Brush the top with olive oil then sprinkle course salt then top of with the rosemary leaves.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 - 45 min till golden brown. brush the top with olive oil immediately
Thanks for this recipe to ....