00 g strong white flour
500 g any white flour
100 g sourdough culture
160 g five-seed blend (Shipton Mill #401; malted wheat flakes, barley flakes, sunflower seeds, millet and oats)
650 g water
10 g salt
Working time: 10 min
Baking time: 24 min
Total preparation time: 14-24 h
1. Mix water, strong white flour and sourdough culture to a creamy batter.
2. Cover bowl with a towel and keep at a warm(ish) place (>14 ºC) for 12 h.
3. Remove 100 g as starter for the next dough (a jam jar works great to keep the sourdough; store in the fridge)
4. Add salt, five-seed blend and white flour. Knead thoroughly (by hand or mixer) for 5 min.
5. Cover bowl with a towel and let the dough rest for 3 to 12 hours.
6. Form rolls on an oven pan covered with baking paper or a reusable baking mat.
7. Bake for 24 min at 230 ºC in a fan oven.
Eat and enjoy! No need to wait for the rolls to cool down; they are absolutely gorgeous coming hot straight from the oven. An absolute hit for breakfast and the lunch box, but they are still great at least until the evening. Probably better to toast them if - unexpectedly - there are any left overs the next day.