- 2.25 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Cup buttermilk, warmed
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3.5 cups bread flour
- cornmeal (for dusting)
- Whisk yeast, sugar, and 1 cup warm water together. Let it sit for 5 minutes, until yeast is active and bubbly.
- Add buttermilk, butter, oil, salt, yeast mixture, and bread flour to a bowl and stir with a wooden spoon. Keep mixing until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. Mix will be wet!
- Transfer mixture to a greased bowl, tightly wrap, and chill in fridge overnight.
- Next morning, dust 2 parchments with cornmeal. Divide dough into 12 pieces without deflating.
- Fold dough inwards into a ball.
- Place onto cornmeal pan, seam side down. Sprinkle tops with cornmeal and let sit for 60-80 minutes (double in size).
- Heat skillet and oven to 180 C (160 C Fan).
- Using a spatula, get under muffins and transfer to griddle. Cook on each side for 5-7 minutes (until golden brown). Transfer to a sheet and place in oven for 5-10 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes before eating.