- 500g strong white flour
- 325ml (11 fl oz ) water
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 1 1/2 salt
- 100g dried Cramberries
- 150g Blue stilton
- blue poppy seed for topping
- 2 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 8/fan 180°C
- Sprinkle yeast into 325ml of water in a bowl. Leave for 5min , stir to dissolve.Mix the flour and salt plus the cramberries together in a large bowl. Add 2 Tbsp of olive oil to the middle of the bowl.Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeasted water.
- Use a wooden spoon to draw enough of the flour into the yeasted water to form a soft paste. Cover the bowl with a t towel and leave the paste to" sponge" for about 20min.
- Pour the remaining water into the centre of the bowl. Mix in the flour from the sides of the bowl. If needed add more water so to end up with a firm , moist dough.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured work surface. Knead until smooth, shiny, and elastic, for about 10min.
- Put dough in a clean bowl and cover with cling film & tea towel. Leave to rise until double its size or about 1 1/2 2 hours. knock back, then leave for 10 min to rest.
- shape the dough into a long loaf about 14 /16 inches long. Divide into 8 to 10 piecerolls. Break up the stilton into equal peices and place into each piece of dough then shape into rolls. Then place them on a floured baking tray and cover with a tea towel.Prove until doubled in size