For the bread
- 450g bread flour (Shipton Mill No.4)
- 1tsp quick yeast
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1tbsp melted butter
- 300ml warm milk
For the filling- This is just a guideline as the ingredients and quantities were completely made up according to what was in the cupboard, so use whatever you fancy.
- 1-2tbsp melted butter
- 1-2tbsp of sugar
- 2-3tsp ground cinnamon
- couple of handfuls of raisins
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g white chocolate, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Mix flour, yeast and salt then add water and melted butter.
- Knead until you have a smooth dough, I cheated and used my kenwood chef, then leave to rise for 1-2hours
- Roll out the dough to a large rectangle 40cmx30cm-ish, but not too thin as it can split when you roll it.
- Stir the sugar and cinnamon into the melted butter and spread all over the dough.
- Sprinkle all the chocolate onto the dough along with the raisins.
- Roll up the dough to make a long sausage, squash it a bit to get it all to stick together. Cut into slices about 2-3 cm wide and place onto a baking sheet.
- brush with the beaten egg.
- Cook at about 180c for 15-20mins.
Thanks to my boys for making a mess, but producing such delicious bread.