100g Sourdough Starter made with Dark Rye
300g Warm Cider
450g Shiptons No. 4 White flour
8g Sea Salt
1 tsp Mixed Spice
1 tsp Cinnamon
8oz Drief Saltanas and Cranberries
- Grow starter over night
- In the morning mixed Leaven and warm cider with honey mixed in.
- Add flour and spices
- Mix and rest, covered for 30mins then add salt and fold in. I do this in the bowl - about 12 folds, slowly mixing in the salt.
- Cover and rest in warmth for 2hrs.
- Lif and fold in the bowl about 6 times.
- Cover and rest 2hrs.
- Lift and fold in the bowl another 6 times.
- Rest one hour.
- Tip onto lightly floured surface SHAPE AND ADD FRUITas you fold into domed shape, create tension on the surface. Flour the top and cover.
- Bench rest 1 hour.
- FINAL SHAPE
- Stretch slightly and fold into final shape. Create surface tension and place into a floured and lined banneton or bowl lined with a clean tea towel.
- Pop in the fridge over night - smells amazing in the fridge!
- Bake in the morning.
- I put the bread onto parchement inside a Dutch Oven which is COLD with lid. This goes into a COLD oven.
- Put heat up to 240* for 45 mins.
- Reduce heat to 210* and remove lid, cooked for a further 5-10 mins depending on how well the surface is browned.
- Remove and let it cool.