350g Organic Strong White Bread Flour
150g Organic Wholewheat Bread Flour (option: Organic Spelt Flour)
50g Sourdough Starter (1:1)
10g Fresh Yeast
60g Malt Extract
30g Blackstrap Molasses
235g Cold Water
80g Dried Apricots (chopped)
35g Dried Cranberries
35g Crystallised Ginger (washed)
Rind of 1/4 Orange (chopped)
Rind of 1/4 Lemon (chopped)
75g White Marzipan (chopped)
40g Butter (melted & cooled)
- Mix Flour and spices.
- Add starter to molasses and malt extract. Add butter.
- Mix dried fruit, peel and crystallised ginger. Add brandy and stir. Leave to marinade.
- Crumble yeast into flour and mix.
- Add water and starter mix, combine.
- Set to rest for 15 minutes. Adjust water to form a moist dough.
- Add salt and mix.
- Rest for 15 minutes.
- Stretch and fold 4 times over around 3 hours.
- Add marinaded dried fruit and marzipan. Fold in.
- Stretch and fold after 30 minutes and leave to prove.
- Remove from bowl and shape (do not tear gluten strands) and form into a round. Use a proving basket to prove.
- Heat oven to 220c. Turn down oven to 200c and bake for approximately 45 minutes.