Preparation Time: 35 Mins
Cooking Time: 30 Mins
Cuts Into: 10 Slices
Oven Temp: 160C/Gas 4
140g Fair Trade Milk chocolate
175g White self raising Shipton Mill Flour
1 tsp baking powder
140g golden caster sugar
Filling & Topping
200g Fair Trade White Chocolate
150ml Creme Fraiche
1) Preheat the oven to gas 4. Butter and line two 20cm tins. Grate two thirds of the chocolate and chop the rest. Set aside.
2) Put the Shipton Mill flour, baking powder and sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the butter, eggs and milk. Beat together with an electric whisk for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Lightly fold in the grated, chopped chocolate.
3) Spread evenly between the two tins and bake for 25-30 minutes.
4) Remove from the oven, leave to cool in the tins for 5 minutes. Turn out on a wire rack; remove the lining paper and leave to cool for about 1 hour before icing.
5) For the icing and filling, break up the white chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside for 5-6 minutes.
6) Cover a baking sheet with foil or waxed paper. Dip the cherries, one by one, into the chocolate to half coat them, then put them on the baking sheet to set.
7) Stir the creme fraiche into the remaining melted chocolate until smooth and shiny. Then let cool. Now transfer half of this mixture to another bowl. Put another 200g of cherries, cut them in half then add to one of the bowls and stir until mixed. Put one sponge cake on a serving plate and spread the surface with the cherry mixture, then sandwich with the second sponge. Spread the rest of the chocolate mixture over the top and decorate with the dipped whole cherries.