100g butter, melted and cooled
125g sieved icing sugar
85g ground almonds
3 medium egg whites
items to decorate - choose from:
glace cherries (chopped into quarters)
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Butter six non-stick friand or muffin tins. Melt butter and leave to cool.
2. Sift icing sugar and flour into a bowl. Add the almonds and mix together.
3. Whisk egg whites separately until they form a light, floppy foam. Make a well in the dry ingredients, tip in the egg whites, lightly stir in the melted butter to form a soft batter.
4. Divide the batter between the tins. Add the decorating items. Bake for 15-20 minutes until just firm to the touch and golden brown.
5. Cool in the tins for 5 minutes and then turn onto a cooling rack.