600 ml water
180 g buckwheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda, optional but highly recommended
Oil, for cooking
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the oil, in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all the flour is incorporated and the batter is smooth.
2. Let the batter sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes
3. Heat a medium sized skillet or crepe pan over medium-high heat and once it's hot, brush it with a little bit of oil.
4. Pour about 1/2 cup of crepe batter into the hot skillet and move the skillet around for the batter to cover the pan evenly and as thin as possible.
5. Cook until the batter appears almost completely cooked (it will become darker and matte) and the edges are beginning to brown, about 45 seconds. Carefully flip the crepe with a flexible silicon spatula and cook the other side for 15 to 20 seconds.
6. Remove the finished crepe to a plate and repeat with the rest of the batter, brushing the pan with a little bit of oil between each crepe.
7. Serve with a choice of savoury or sweet stuffings!