1 sachet dry yeast or 40g fresh yeast
450g strong plain white flour
1 tsp sugar
90ml warm water
1 egg (size M)
45g butter (spread)
plum jam (filling)
Preparation of the yeast sponge :
- Fill entire flour into a bowl and form a small hole in the middle.
- In there dissolve the yeast with sugar in water.
- Dust a little flour over and rest about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime melt the butter and then mix with 140ml milk.
- Add this mixture and an egg to the dough and knead well.
- Rest for about 1 hour.
- Divide the dough into 15 equal parts.
- Flatten them into circles (height 1cm, diameter 8cm).
- Put on each circle a teaspoon of jam (plum jam is the best but any other flavour works as well).
- Close all the edges of the circle to a ball.
- Place them (with the seam looking down) into a baking pan and spread melted butter on all sides of each ball.
- Let them rise before baking for about 15 minutes.
- Bake them at 180 ° C for 30 minutes (or until they turned brown).
- Serve them hot with some custard!