175g Shipton Mill's Cake Flour
2tsp Baking Powder
110g Caster Sugar
110g Unsalted Butter, melted
1 Egg (duck egg if you have one)
110g Fresh Blackberries
110g Fresh Rasperries
For the topping
30g Ground almonds
50g Demerara Sugar
3tbs plain flour
45g Melted butter
1. Heat the oven to 350˚F, 180˚C Fan, Gas Mark 4
Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or use silicon muffin cases
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar.
3. Beat the melted butter with the egg and milk and gradually stir into the dry ingredients until just mixed but still slightly lumpy.
4. Gently stir in the fruit.
5. Spoon into the cases filling almost to the top.
6. Mix all the topping ingredients together and spoon a little over each muffin (for extra crunchiness you can top with a few chopped nuts)
7. Bake for 25 minutes until risen and firm.
8. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then place on a wire rack to cool.