Makes 2 large pizzas
350g Heritage flour, or strong bread flour.
10g fresh yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
8g sea salt
grated Mozzarella cheese
100g fresh thick tomato sauce
toppings of your choice
1. Sieve the flour into mixing bowl
2. Mix yeast and sugar with some of the warm water until dissolved, add to bowl.
3. Mix by hand, or slowly with dough hook in mixer, adding warm water until dough comes together, it should be sticky, leave to stand for 10 minutes.
4. Add salt, mix. Knead 10 minutes vigorously by hand, or 8 minutes slowly with mixer.
5. Use wet scraper to remove from bowl, shape into a smooth ball, place in a well oiled mixing bowl covered with cling film. Leave to rise for 2 hours.
6. Once risen and doubled in size, scoop from bowl with a wet scraper onto lightly floured worktop, cut in half. Shape each piece into a ball, treat gently, do not knock out the air. Leave on the worktop covered with oiled cling film for 1 hour, until puffed up.
7. Preheat the oven to its hottest with trays or pizza stones for 30 minutes.
8. Using floured hands, shape and stretch dough gently over your knuckles until about 10 inches in diameter, (this gives a lighter pizza than rolling out) place dough onto a pizza peel, edgeless tray, or piece of stiff cardboard that has been spread well with semolina, this will make pizza slide off onto oven tray or stone.
9.Quickly spread tomato sauce, cheese then toppings sparingly onto base, too much makes the pizza soggy.
10. Transfer to hot oven tray/ stone, bake 5-8 minutes or until browned to your liking. When out of oven, leave to stand for a few minutes before cutting.