This recipe is an adaptation of Tessa Boersma's ISO CAKE recipe:
- 2 cups Shipton Mill Pastry Flour
- 1 tspn salt
- 1 tspn baking powder
- 2 tspn bicarb
- 3/4 cocoa
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 0.5 cups dark treacle sugar
- 1 Cup sunflower oil
- 1 cup hot coffee (or hot water)
- 0.5 cup milk
- 0.5 cup yoghurt or cream
- 2 eggs
- Line a 20 cm spring-form tin with baking paper and grease the sides with butter.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees C (fan)
- Combine dry ingredients (whisk in mixer)
- Add in the wet ingredients
- Pour mixture into cake tin and bake for approx. 50 mins or when a skewer comes out clean.
- Take the tin out the oven and let it rest for 10 mins before removing from tin.
- If you would like to add icing, heat milk chocolate with double cream in the microwave (play around with the quantities to achieve your desired consistency)
ENJOY hot (with vanilla ice cream) or room temperature.