Makes 6 medium size muffins.
120g white rice flour
110g ground almonds
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
100g caster sugar
2 free range eggs
160g grated small courgette, if larger, peel first
zest of 1 orange
45g walnut pieces
130g cooked, peeled and diced beetroot
- Use a tin with 50x50cm holes and line it with tulip cases. Heat the oven to 180*C.
- Weigh and sieve the rice flour and baking powder and add the ground almonds and salt.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar together, add the grated courgette, the orange zest and the walnuts and beat lightly again.
- Add the dry ingredients to this bowl and combine thoroughly with a silicone spatula.
- Finally, add the diced beetroot and fold in - just enough to mix them gently through, so that it looks a little streaky still.
- Fill the muffin cases nearly to the top and bake for 30 minutes. Check with a skewer, it should come out clean when they're done. Remove the muffins in their cases to a wire rack to cool.