120g Khorasan Flour
110g Soft Cake & Pastry Plain Flour
320g White Strong Bread Flour
1 Medium Desert Apple
3tbs Pumpkin Seeds
2tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
9g Sea Salt
Note: If buttermilk isn't available us full cream milk and add 2tsp of lemon juice. This will sour the milk. Leave for 45 minutes before use.
- Roast the pumpkin seeds, cool.
- Core the apple, leave the skin on and chop in a blender until small pieces. Do not turn into pulp.
- Mix the flour in a bowl, add the salt, bicarbonate of soda, apple, pumpkin seeds and mix.
- Add the butter milk and mix to a dough. Do not knead. Shape into a round.
- Place on baking parchment. Cut an 'X' in the top, going three quarters of the way through the dough.
- Brush with milk.
- Bake on a heated baking stone for around 50 minutes. Temperature of loaf when baked should be over 95c.
- Cool. Best eaten within a day. Freeze remainder in slices for future use.