The easiest and best sourdough discard crackers!
125g unfed starter
27g olive oil
100g wholemeal flour (I use Shipton Mill's Biodynamic Stoneground Wholemeal Flour)
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
Extra salt for topping
1. Add starter and oil to a bowl and mix.
2. Add flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda to bowl and combine all ingredient together. Kneading lightly if needed.
3. Cover and rest for six hours at room temperature or in the refrigerator overnight.
4. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 175°C (or 165°C for a fan oven).
5. Divide the dough into two halves on a floured surface. Roll dough out to two millimeters thick.
6. Move dough onto two ungreased flat baking trays.
7. Cut into squares/shapes using a pizza cutter and sprinkle with extra salt.
8. Bake for 6 – 8 minutes, rotate trays and bake for another 6 – 8 minutes. The crackers are done when they are crispy and slightly browned.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Added by: Rachel de Ridder
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.