An all round healthy and moist loaf
1. Add all of the water to the yeast and leave to dissolve
2. Add the flour then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix together until you have a dough
3. Knead the dough for around 8-10 mins
4. Place the worked dough into a bowl and cover with a cloth then leave to prove for 1 hour
5. Take out of bowl and knock out the air and leave on the works surface for 15 mins
6. Then reshape and place into a loaf tin and leave to rest again for 1hr and 30 mins.
7. After the second rest period place into an oven at 180 deg celsius (fan) for about 35 mins
8. Add around 1 Litre of boiled water into the oven (in a tray/container) cooking the bread with steam.
9. Remove from oven and take bread out of loaf tin.
10. Place the loaf back in the oven for a further 5-10 mins to finish off.
Added by: Kirendeep Bagri
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers