Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
Treacle and syrup fresh ginger cake
100g dark muscovado sugar
175g self-raising flour
4 tsp ground ginger
75g black treacle (spoon in)
100g golden syrup (to make up to 175g of treacle/syrup)
2 eggs beaten
125g chopped crystallised ginger
25g finely grated fresh ginger
1. Preheat the oven at 160Oc or gas mark 3. Grease and line a 20cm square
2. Cream together the butter & sugar until the mixture is smooth.
3. Place bowl with mixture on scales and zero it.
4. Spoon in the treacle, add the golden syrup up to 175g (total) and mix.
4. Gradually add in the eggs a little at a time until fully mixed.
5. Sift together the ground ginger and flour and gradually add to the mixture.
6. Stir in the crystallised and fresh ginger.
7. Transfer the mixture into the lined tin, smooth the top and bake for 50
minutes. Check cake is cooked by inserting a toothpick which should be
clean, if not cook for a further 5-10 minutes.
8. When the cake is cooked leave to cool in the tin and then remove.
Added by: Lorina
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers