Parcelforce Industrial Action - impact on delivery timings...
Parcelforce Industrial Action impact on delivery timings
Friday 26 August, Wednesday 31 August, Thursday 8 September and Friday 9 September 2022
While we have been informed that contingency plans are in place to assure the delivery of as many parcels as possible, service will be affected on these dates and may lead to delays, compounded by the bank holiday on the 29th August.
Should you need to order from us, we therefore strongly recommend that you place your order as soon as possible to ensure it reaches you before the start of the industrial action. We will continue to endeavour to process and despatch your order within 3-5 working days and will try our utmost to get as many parcels packed and sent out in advance of the strikes to minimise any disruption.
Please note that no timed delivery slots can be offered on the strike action dates and the Parcelforce customer care team won’t be in service, which will delay any delivery queries.
Thank you for your patience, and we hope this advance warning will help you plan for any baking you may have scheduled.
1. Pre-heat fan oven to 180˚C. 2. Prepare a baking sheet with buttered parchment paper. 3. Weigh all dry ingredients into a bowl or food processor. 4. Cut the butter into cubes and rub into flour with fingertips, or pulse in processor.
5. Add the beaten egg and the milk and mix to a paste with a spatula or pulse to a wet paste.
6. Turn the paste onto the prepared parchment and using your hands and milk to smooth, shape it into a round disc approx 12cm diameter, so that all the creases disappear.
7. Cut in half, and cut each half into 3, pulling the triangles slightly apart, slide the scone round on its parchment onto the baking sheet, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until brown and well risen.
8. Remove from oven, and gently break apart and cool on a wire rack. Serve with clotted cream and jam.
Once you get used to this flour mix and method - much wetter than conventional flour - you'll be delighted with the result every time! Double or triple the quantities for more scones, left-overs can be re-heated and eaten warm the next day.
IMPORTANT NOTE This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
This is a great staple gluten free loaf which I bake regularly every week. It's full of flavour and delicious eaten during the next 24 hours. After that it makes excellent toast for several days or can also be sliced and frozen for toasting at any time.
Soft, fluffy, beautiful sourdough scones. This will easily become your go to scone recipe!
Add a recipe & get 5% off
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.