Herbed Gluten Free Corn Praantha
- 250g (2 cups + 1tbsp) cornmeal flour
- 1 handful of fenugreek (washed, harm stems removed)
- 1 hot green chilli
- 1/4 of ginger
- Pinch of salt
- Hot water just off boil
- Butter and greek yoghurt to serve
1. Grind fenugreek leaves, ginger and green chillis in a food processor or chop finely by hand
2. Put the cornmeal flour into a bowl and mix the grinded/finely chopped in, then add in the pinch of salt
3. Pour in 3/4 cup of hot water, mix with a spoon
4. Knead with clean hands until the dough becomes firm. Add water if required
5. Heat a tawa or cast iron skillet on medium heat
6. Divide dough into 3 portions and knead each of the portions separately until soft
7. Then divide of the portions into 2 and make smooth balls
8. Take 1 ball and flatten it slightly and pat between your palms to make a 5 to 6" disc of medium thickness
9. Carefully lift the praantha and place it on a preheated tawa
10. Cook slightly on one side until crispy, then turnover with a spatula and cook the alternative side
11. Take off tawa and serve with a spread of butter and dollop of greek yoghurt
Added by: waljitkaur
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.