Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
1 Cup strong Jasmine flower tea
50g dried cranberries
50g Goji berries
50g glace' cherries
25g candied peel
175g caster sugar
250 Shipton Mill organic SR white flour
Rind of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon essence of rose water
1. Soak the fruits in the Jamine tea overnight.
2. Cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add beaten eggs. Then add in the liqueur
4. fold in the flour, spice, lemon rindand roase water.
5. Line a loaf tin with greasproof paper. Grease well. Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared tin.
6. Bake in the centre of the oven Gas mark 4/ 180C for 45 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack. Decorate the cake with icing suger, Glace' cherries or mazipan hollies and berries.
Added by: Victoria
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.