It turns out that sourdough focaccia is my new favourite go-to bread to make!
Starter is 1 part old starter
100g Strong white flour
100g Stoneground wholemeal flour
Mix and rest for 12 hours and at least doubled in size (say 10pm previous evening).
800g Strong white flour
320g Some of the starter from above
1. Water temperature = 54 - ((flour temperature + starter temp) / 2)°C (maximum of 40°C)
2. Measure the starter into a bowl and add the water. Mix until combined.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to a shaggy mess.
4. Tip dough out onto the bench and knead until silky smooth (about 5 minutes). Place back in the bowl covered with a plastic bag for an hour.
5. Place the dough back in the bowl and cover with a loose plastic bag. Rest for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
6. Divide the dough into two and mould each piece into a ball and bench rest for 20 minutes with an upturned bowl on top.
7. Make the final mould and place in a dusted banneton for a final proof of 2-3 hours. Cover with a plastic bag.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 230°C.
Added by: Doughtastic - Graham
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.