Organic white rice flour - 2 cups
Water - 1½ cups
Grated coconut- ½ cup (Optional)
Salt - to taste
Oil - for greasing
1. Boil the water in a vessel/ sauce pan, when the water starts to boil add grated coconut (optional) and salt to it.
2. Lower the heat and slowly add the flour and combine it with a wooden spoon.
3. Knead the dough, thoroughly till it has incorporated well and has become smooth. This must be done when the dough is still warm
4. If the dough is too dry, sprinkle little warm water to make it smooth.
5. Roll the dough into round shape using hands.
6. Place the dough on it and using palm of your hand gently press the dough and make it into a round shape.
7. It should be a thick round, don't have to make it too thin.
8. Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat.
9. Grease the skillet with oil.
10. Place over it, when the bottom side starts to cook flip it over.
11. Let small golden brown spots form on the bottom side, flip it over.
12. Gently press on the sides using the spatula, let small golden brown spots form on the bottom side.
13. Remove from the skillet.
14. Serve along with curry, preferably fish, chicken or mutton curry.
Added by: webmaster
This page is an open forum for friends of Shipton Mill to contribute recipes. We do not test all of these recipes, so we cannot guarantee that they are gluten-free and suitable for all dietary requirements. Please do check the recipe thoroughly before making it.
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.