Delicious, melt in the mouth and so easy to make!
225g caster sugar
225g self-raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
225g butter at room temperature, plus a little extra to grease the tins
Strawberry jam to sandwich the cake together
200ml Whipping cream for the filling
Icing sugar for dusting the finished cake
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line two 8in sandwich tins. Use a piece of baking paper to rub a little butter around the inside of the tins until the sides and base are lightly coated, then line the bottom with a circle of baking paper.
2. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl, then add the sugar, flour, baking powder and butter. Mix together until well combined with a hand mixer, but be careful not to over mix. The finished mixture should fall off a spoon easily.
3. Divide the mixture evenly between the tins: this doesn’t need to be exact. Use a spatula to gently smooth the surface of the cakes.
4. Bake the cakes on the middle shelf of the oven for 25 minutes. Check them after 20 minutes. The cakes are done when they’re golden-brown and coming away from the edge of the tin. Set aside to cool in their tins.
5. To assemble the cake, place one cake upside down onto a plate and spread it with plenty of jam. Then pipe in th whipped cream. Top with the second cake, top-side up. Dust the top with the icing sugar.
Added by: Yasmin
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers