Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
6 egg yolks
70g coconut flour
1 tablespoon of white flour
6 big tablespoons greek yoghurt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3 small ripe pears
150ml coffee liquor
150ml orange juice
1. beat softened butter and sugar together
2. add egg yolks
3. stir in coconut flour
4. add half the yoghurt
5. mix in semolina
6. add flour mixed with baking powder
7. incorporate well baking soda with remaining yoghurt and add to the mix
8. stir in finely chopped pears
9. bake in preheated oven, approximately 1 hour, 4.5 gas mark.
10. put syrup ingredients into a small sauce pan and barely simmer/ steam over low heat for 5- 10 min. set it aside.
11. after 1 hour check if cake is ready- the wooden stick should come out clean. If it does, take cake out of an oven and prick it all over. Pour the syrup, a bit at a time, let it all soak in.
cake is ready to eat, hot or cold. really light and moist.
Added by: rolling stone
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.