My friend inspired me to create this cake. I just threw ingredients together and it worked like magic. It must be love.
6 egg yolks
70g coconut flour
1 tablespoon of white flour
6 big tablespoons greek yoghurt
1tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
3 small ripe pears
150ml coffee liquor
150ml orange juice
1. beat softened butter and sugar together
2. add egg yolks
3. stir in coconut flour
4. add half the yoghurt
5. mix in semolina
6. add flour mixed with baking powder
7. incorporate well baking soda with remaining yoghurt and add to the mix
8. stir in finely chopped pears
9. bake in preheated oven, approximately 1 hour, 4.5 gas mark.
10. put syrup ingredients into a small sauce pan and barely simmer/ steam over low heat for 5- 10 min. set it aside.
11. after 1 hour check if cake is ready- the wooden stick should come out clean. If it does, take cake out of an oven and prick it all over. Pour the syrup, a bit at a time, let it all soak in.
cake is ready to eat, hot or cold. really light and moist.
Added by: rolling stone
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers