An extremely easy to make, hot or cool, tear-apart, cummin-seed and tomato leavened bread that goes well with dips, mezzo-style mains or on its own. Think cumin-spiced focaccia!
500 g No 4 White strong plain flour
generous glug olive oil
7g yeast (fast action)
1. Mix and knead all the ingredients by hand or machine for approx 10 mins
2. Leave to rest for about 1 hour
3. Reknead and turn and spread into a well-olive-oiled baking tray (about 40x20cm and 5-10 cm deep). Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rest until at least doubled in size (approx 1 hour).
4. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and cherry tomatoes (and sun dried if you choose), thyme (fresh or dried) and a sprinkling of coarse/sea salt and more oil.
5. Place in a hot oven (190 or top of an Aga) and cook for 20-25 mins or until just turning golden brown. Turn out to cool, or serve hot. Delicious!
Added by: Richard Swarbrick
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers