An extremely easy to make, hot or cool, tear-apart, cummin-seed and tomato leavened bread that goes well with dips, mezzo-style mains or on its own. Think cumin-spiced focaccia!
500 g No 4 White strong plain flour
generous glug olive oil
7g yeast (fast action)
1. Mix and knead all the ingredients by hand or machine for approx 10 mins
2. Leave to rest for about 1 hour
3. Reknead and turn and spread into a well-olive-oiled baking tray (about 40x20cm and 5-10 cm deep). Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rest until at least doubled in size (approx 1 hour).
4. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and cherry tomatoes (and sun dried if you choose), thyme (fresh or dried) and a sprinkling of coarse/sea salt and more oil.
5. Place in a hot oven (190 or top of an Aga) and cook for 20-25 mins or until just turning golden brown. Turn out to cool, or serve hot. Delicious!
Added by: Richard Swarbrick
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers