An extremely easy to make, hot or cool, tear-apart, cummin-seed and tomato leavened bread that goes well with dips, mezzo-style mains or on its own. Think cumin-spiced focaccia!
500 g No 4 White strong plain flour
generous glug olive oil
7g yeast (fast action)
1. Mix and knead all the ingredients by hand or machine for approx 10 mins
2. Leave to rest for about 1 hour
3. Reknead and turn and spread into a well-olive-oiled baking tray (about 40x20cm and 5-10 cm deep). Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rest until at least doubled in size (approx 1 hour).
4. Sprinkle with cumin seeds and cherry tomatoes (and sun dried if you choose), thyme (fresh or dried) and a sprinkling of coarse/sea salt and more oil.
5. Place in a hot oven (190 or top of an Aga) and cook for 20-25 mins or until just turning golden brown. Turn out to cool, or serve hot. Delicious!
Added by: Richard Swarbrick
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.