2. Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth dough (approx 10 mins)
3. Form into a ball, dust with flour, leave it, covered, until it's doubled in size (approx 40-60 mins)
4. Knock back so it shrinks in size. Split in half and form two balls
5. Form into loaves / drop into bread tins
6. Dust with flour, leave it, covered, until it's doubled in size again (approx 30-45 mins)
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven 220C for 10 mins, then turn down to 200C for the remainder. If browning quickly, turn down to 180C. They will take approx 30 mins - ready when you tap the bottoms and get a hollow sound in return
Our fig, spelt and pumpkin seed flour blend is made using sun-dried Calimyrna figs which are prized for their natural sweetness and flavour, grown near the ancient city of Ephesus in Turkey. Harvested by hand....
Based on a Panasonic sd-zb2502 wholemeal loaf recipe. Makes a perfect, delicious loaf with or without seeds. This loaf has a slight nutty taste from the rye flour and makes the loaf slightly more substantial than a standard wholemeal loaf with without the real heaviness of a rye loaf
Tasty and springy textured loaf. It's taken some experimentation to get a spelt and rye recipe to work in my Panasonic SD254, which doesn't cater for these flours. But the following recipe produces great loaves baked on the wholemeal rapid setting. I weigh the water for more accurate results: 1gm= 1ml
An easy and delicious pizza base that tastes great with any toping you like. Needs few hours to prove so it's best to prepare the dough in the morning.
Add a recipe & get 5% off
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.