The best white toast is crisp on the outside but warm and flavoursome on the inside. This is the secret to perfect crunchy toast, every time - thanks to the spelt.
For two 500g loaves
850g strong white flour
150g white spelt flour
A splash of oil
Use the standard bread baking method:
1. Activate the yeast if required in warm water
2. Mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth dough (approx 10 mins)
3. Form into a ball, dust with flour, leave it, covered, until it's doubled in size (approx 40-60 mins)
4. Knock back so it shrinks in size. Split in half and form two balls
5. Form into loaves / drop into bread tins
6. Dust with flour, leave it, covered, until it's doubled in size again (approx 30-45 mins)
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven 220C for 10 mins, then turn down to 200C for the remainder. If browning quickly, turn down to 180C. They will take approx 30 mins - ready when you tap the bottoms and get a hollow sound in return
8. Leave to cool
Added by: Hi Fans
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers