Ginger cake made with three types of ginger and a wonderful mix of dark treacle and golden syrup
We are deeply saddened by the passing of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
Our thoughts are with the The Royal Family at this incredibly sad time as we join the nation in mourning the loss of our beloved Sovereign.
May she rest in peace.
Ingredients:350 g mixed dried fruit (e.g. currants, sultanas, raisins, dates, cherries, figs)
350 ml strong black tea
2 eggs, beaten
270g wholemeal self raising flour
100g dark soft brown sugar
1tsp ground cinnamon
1. Pleace the dried fruit in a bowl and pour over the tea. Cover and leave to soak for a few hours, preferably overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees centigrade. Line a 2lb loaf tin.
3. Mix all the ingredients well.
4. Pour into the tin and bake for 1-1.5 hours until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Turn out of the tin and cool on a wire rack.
6. Serve with or without butter.
Added by: Catherine Rosenberg
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
Once new additions can be welcomed, if you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.