Moist and delicious tea loaf made with whole meal flour, bran flakes and plump, juicy sultanas - a family favourite.
200g bran flakes
125g soft light brown sugar
100g golden granulated sugar
250ml (or a mugful) tea
250g wholemeal pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Steep your favourite teabag in a mug of boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, measure all of the dry ingredients except flour and bicarb into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add tea and milk, stir and leave to soak for one hour.
4. Stir in flour (plain white works fine, too, but wholemeal adds extra texture and goodness) and bicarb and divide the mixture between two 1lb loaf tins, buttered and lined with baking parchment.
5. Bake at 170 Fan (180 regular) in middle of oven for 55 minutes before removing from tins to cool on a rack.
Added by: Alison Richards
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers