Moist and delicious tea loaf made with whole meal flour, bran flakes and plump, juicy sultanas - a family favourite.
200g bran flakes
125g soft light brown sugar
100g golden granulated sugar
250ml (or a mugful) tea
250g wholemeal pastry flour
1 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Steep your favourite teabag in a mug of boiling water.
2. Meanwhile, measure all of the dry ingredients except flour and bicarb into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add tea and milk, stir and leave to soak for one hour.
4. Stir in flour (plain white works fine, too, but wholemeal adds extra texture and goodness) and bicarb and divide the mixture between two 1lb loaf tins, buttered and lined with baking parchment.
5. Bake at 170 Fan (180 regular) in middle of oven for 55 minutes before removing from tins to cool on a rack.
Added by: Alison Richards
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers