I have tried various recipes for wraps and this is by far the best. The dough is easy to work with and wraps are made quickly with few ingredients. My children absolutely love them which speaks volumes. I tried this recipe as my daughter cannot eat normal wheat wraps as she is intolerant. These wraps have been a hit!
2cups + 2 tablespoons spelt flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp oil
3/4 cup almost boiling water
1) heat pan to medium heat
2) Add dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
3) Add oil and water
4) knead until it forms a good pliable dough. (Approx 15 kneads)
5) break off a piece of dough about size of large golf ball. (keep bowl covered to prevent dough from drying out)
6) roll out onto a floured surface until paper thin
7) brush one side of your wrap with oil.
8) put wrap on pan,oil side down for 30 seconds.
9) flip wrap and cook on the other side for 30 seconds
10) cover with a tea towel to prevent drying out.
11) Eat immediately!
12) These can be kept in fridge, covered in a damp cloth and wrapped in clingfilm. I have never tried this as the wraps have always been eaten immediatel by my children! Rebekah
Added by: Heather Michael
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers