Crunchy and super tasty sourdough bagguetes.
*250g sourdough starter
* 350g white spelt flour
* 180ml water
* 12-14g salt
1. Put aside 2 table spoons of sourdough starter for next baking.
2. In the bowl mix 250g sourdough starter with spelt flour and water and salt.
3. Let rise for about 2 hours. Fold the dough once during that time.
4. Move the dough onto a lightly floured surface and split into two pieces. Stretch each dough with fingers into the shape of rectangle.
5. Shape the bagguetes - roll up and move onto baking paper on the baking tray. Leave to rise one more hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 230C. Make a few cuts on the top of the bagguetes. Possibly sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 230C first ten minutes. Then another 15-20 minutes at 200C. Leave to cool down.
Added by: Zuzana Paluskova
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.