It turns out that sourdough focaccia is my new favourite go-to bread to make!
*250g sourdough starter
* 350g white spelt flour
* 180ml water
* 12-14g salt
1. Put aside 2 table spoons of sourdough starter for next baking.
2. In the bowl mix 250g sourdough starter with spelt flour and water and salt.
3. Let rise for about 2 hours. Fold the dough once during that time.
4. Move the dough onto a lightly floured surface and split into two pieces. Stretch each dough with fingers into the shape of rectangle.
5. Shape the bagguetes - roll up and move onto baking paper on the baking tray. Leave to rise one more hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 230C. Make a few cuts on the top of the bagguetes. Possibly sprinkle with seeds. Bake at 230C first ten minutes. Then another 15-20 minutes at 200C. Leave to cool down.
Added by: Zuzana Paluskova
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.