Moist, delicious banana bread recipe - that looks beautiful too!
150ml vegetable oil
200g dark brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
350g over ripe bananas
2 free-range eggs
75g natural yoghurt
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp salt
225g spelt flour or rye flour
1 banana, peeled and 3 tbsp caster sugar, for the top
1. Heat the oven to 170 degrees cel. Butter a 1kg (or close to) loaf tin and line it with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, dark brown sugar, vanilla and eggs.
3. In a separate bowl, roughly mash up the 350g of bananas. Add the yoghurt, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and stir well to combine.
5. Now add the banana mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Follow with the flour, stirring just until incorporated. Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin.
6. Carefully slice the remaining banana in half lengthwise. Place cut side up, on top of the bread and sprinkle the whole top with caster sugar.
7. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, or until the bread is springy to the touch and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Cool in the tin for at least 10 minutes before turning it out to a wire rack to cool.
Added by: flourmaidcakes
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers