Delicious & quick loaf - wheat free, low GI, with omega 3. Great with nut butter - or anything on top!
300g Shipton Mill Organic white spelt flour,
175g Shipton Mill Organic wholemeal spelt flour,
25g hemp powder (optional - adds protein and lowers GI index)
if not using hemp just use
10g Bioreal Organic dry yeast,
2tbsp flax seeds,
1 tsp molasses (or honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, coconut blossom syrup)
325ml tepid filtered water,
Generous handful of sunflower seeds.
Heat fan oven to 250 degrees celcius
1. Place dry ingredients in mixing bowl.
2. Add molasses & water & bring dough together in bowl.
3. Once no dry flour left, bring onto clean surface & knead for 10-15 minutes until achieve the "window pane stretch"
4. Put back in bowl & cover with shower cap / bag / cling film
5. Leave to prove for an hour - will rise by 1 1/2 times
6. Chafe / shape if using banettone & place in banettone or place in greased tin / lekue bread maker.
7. Slash top, brush with water, sprinkle sunflower seeds on, then brush again with water.
8. Leave for 30 minutes covered with shower cap / bag / cling film.
9. Put a ceramic dish of water in bottom of oven, put bread on tray or in bread maker / tin in over for 10 minutes at 250 degrees celcius.
10. Turn oven temperature down to 220 degrees celcius and back for further 10 mins
11. Take out of oven remove from tray / tin / bread maker and put back in for 5 mins "naked" to get a crispy bottom (optional can just leave in for 15 mins at stage 10.)
I used a lekue bread basket for this loaf which was much easier as no chafeing / shaping required & less mess!
Added by: Helen Lancashire
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers