Yummy breakfast buns. A cross between a muffin and a crumpet.
125g White Spelt
125g Wholemeal Spelt
1 teaspoon caster sugar
A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon zanthym gum
1 teaspoon salt
350ml warm water
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees C
- Oil 8 holes of a 12 hole muffin tin
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in 350ml of warm water (to activate yeast- make sure it's not too hot otherwise it will kill the yeast)
- Whisk everything together into a loose batter
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Spoon into the greased muffin tin filling each hole up to the top of the hole
- Cook for 30-40minutes until risen and golden
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes
- Serve while warm
Great with jam and fruit or bacon and tomatoes!
Added by: Katie Ward
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers