Yummy breakfast buns. A cross between a muffin and a crumpet.
125g White Spelt
125g Wholemeal Spelt
1 teaspoon caster sugar
A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon zanthym gum
1 teaspoon salt
350ml warm water
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees C
- Oil 8 holes of a 12 hole muffin tin
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in 350ml of warm water (to activate yeast- make sure it's not too hot otherwise it will kill the yeast)
- Whisk everything together into a loose batter
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Spoon into the greased muffin tin filling each hole up to the top of the hole
- Cook for 30-40minutes until risen and golden
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes
- Serve while warm
Great with jam and fruit or bacon and tomatoes!
Added by: Katie Ward
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.