These delicious spiced naan bread bring some of the flavour of india to your home.
125g White Spelt
125g Wholemeal Spelt
1 teaspoon caster sugar
A pinch of bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon zanthym gum
1 teaspoon salt
350ml warm water
- Heat the oven to 170 degrees C
- Oil 8 holes of a 12 hole muffin tin
- Place all of the dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in 350ml of warm water (to activate yeast- make sure it's not too hot otherwise it will kill the yeast)
- Whisk everything together into a loose batter
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Spoon into the greased muffin tin filling each hole up to the top of the hole
- Cook for 30-40minutes until risen and golden
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes
- Serve while warm
Great with jam and fruit or bacon and tomatoes!
Added by: Katie Keeling
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.