Excellent results every time, folded method of making a sourdough loaf. Delicious, light and not too sour.
1. Prepare Leaven by mixing 1tbs starter with 75g strong bread flour and 75ml water and sit at room temp for 12 hrs
2. Mix 1 tbs salt with 50mls water and sit on side
3. Mix Leaven with 475 mls water and stir with a spatcheler and add 700g bread flour and stir until shaggy dough. Rest for 30 min—4hrs
4. Add salt and pinch and squeeze. Begin folding; 4 folds 30 minutes apart on 6 occasions so will take 2 1/2 hrs
5. Rest for 30-60 mins
6. On a floured surface and with wet hands and wet scraper, shape into rounds. Scrape from underneath up and round to increase surface tension
7. Rest for 30 mins
8. Flour proofing baskets, shape loaf, cover with cling film and let rise for 4-15 hrs (ie overnight if suits)
9. Bake in a steamy oven at 250 degrees for 15 mins followed by 20 mins at 200 degrees. Enjoy!
Added by: SallyB
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers