Quick & simple scones, great for using up sourdough discard.
1. Pre-heat oven to 220-240ºC.
2. Mix the flour, bicarbonate of soda and butter in a bowl or stand mixer until the texture resembles crumble mix.
2. Add the sourdough starter and milk and slowly mix until combined.
3. Remove from bowl and press out onto a lightly floured surface to about 3cm thick.
4. Cut the dough into 6cm rounds and place on a baking tray.
5. Brush the tops with milk.
6. Bake for 14-16 mins or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
Note: For best results, chill the butter and sourdough starter (the rapid change in temperature to a very hot oven helps the scones to rise).
Added by: Philip Mathieson
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers