An easy recipe for moist apple cake using leftover sourdough starter
1 cup ‘fed’ sourdough starter
1/4 cup oil
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
2/3 cup honey OR ¼ cup water + ¾-1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cups apples, peeled cored and diced
2 tbsp butter, softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (OPTIONAL)
1/3 cup oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 190C/375F. Grease an 8-inch round cake pan (or an 8 or 9-inch square pan).
2. Place starter in a large mixing bowl. Add all remaining ingredients for the cake and stir gently until well blended.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan.
4. Mix all topping ingredients in a small bowl until they form crumbs. Sprinkle crumbs over top of cake.
5. Cook in preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes until center is set and toothpick comes out clean.
Added by: WendyK
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will generally be delivered by pallet.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers