Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 8/fan 180°C
2 tablespoons olive oil
450g strong white flour
450 g strong wholemeal stoneground flour
550ml warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
5 tsp yeast
1. Put all wet ingredients in a bowl. Add sugar and salt, then flour and lastly the yeast
2. Mix together, turn out onto floured worktop and then knead for about 10 minutes until shiny and stretchy
3. Put back into bowl, oil and cover. Leave for an hour or until doubled in size
4. Knock back and cut in half. put each into a loaf tin or make into rounds and place on baking tray. Leave for half an hour
5. Put meat tray of boiling water into bottom of oven and leave for 5 minutes
6. Place bread in oven and cook for 25 minutes
7. Take out meat tray and turn oven down to 160°C
8. Cook for another 25 minutes
9. Take out of oven, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool
10. Enjoy fresh with or without topping.
Added by: Jacky Hodges
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers