Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 8/fan 180°C
2 tablespoons olive oil
450g strong white flour
450 g strong wholemeal stoneground flour
550ml warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
5 tsp yeast
1. Put all wet ingredients in a bowl. Add sugar and salt, then flour and lastly the yeast
2. Mix together, turn out onto floured worktop and then knead for about 10 minutes until shiny and stretchy
3. Put back into bowl, oil and cover. Leave for an hour or until doubled in size
4. Knock back and cut in half. put each into a loaf tin or make into rounds and place on baking tray. Leave for half an hour
5. Put meat tray of boiling water into bottom of oven and leave for 5 minutes
6. Place bread in oven and cook for 25 minutes
7. Take out meat tray and turn oven down to 160°C
8. Cook for another 25 minutes
9. Take out of oven, cover with a tea towel and leave to cool
10. Enjoy fresh with or without topping.
Added by: Jacky Hodges
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers