A delightfully rich shortbread recipe that will soon become a family favourite!
300g T55 SHIPTON MILL FLOUR
200g UNSALTED BUTTER
100g GOLDEN CASTER SUGAR
1½ tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Sift flour into a bowl with the sugar. Cube the butter and then add to the other ingredients.
3. Rub the butter into the flour and sugar with your finger tips. When the dough begin to form shape, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and use cutter to cut out shapes. Alternatively, you can cut the dough into rectangular shapes using a sharp knife.
5. Place on the baking sheet, prick with fork and bake for 15-20mins. When golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Added by: Ameena Nur
We are beyond excited to announce the launch our first cookbook with Headline Publishing.
“A Handful Of Flour” explores a myriad of flours and their different flavours, in a selection of well-worked classic recipes with a fresh and contemporary twist.
More than just a baking book, this is a book to introduce you to cooking with flour in general, from popular and classic varieties to ancient grains and gluten free flours.