A delightfully rich shortbread recipe that will soon become a family favourite!
300g T55 SHIPTON MILL FLOUR
200g UNSALTED BUTTER
100g GOLDEN CASTER SUGAR
1½ tsp VANILLA EXTRACT
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Sift flour into a bowl with the sugar. Cube the butter and then add to the other ingredients.
3. Rub the butter into the flour and sugar with your finger tips. When the dough begin to form shape, add a few drops of vanilla extract.
4. Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface and use cutter to cut out shapes. Alternatively, you can cut the dough into rectangular shapes using a sharp knife.
5. Place on the baking sheet, prick with fork and bake for 15-20mins. When golden, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooling rack.
Added by: Ameena Nur
Looking for a unique gift for the baker in your life this Christmas? Well we might just have the answer, one of our beautiful Christmas Hampers.
Choose from The Baker’s Starter Kit, designed for the passionate home baker, some of the essentials to get you up and running to produce mouth-watering goodies. Or The Shipton Mill Special, a limited edition hamper including Uncle Tom’s cold-pressed olive oil, our Shipton Mill apron, a hand carved British bread board and more.