A beautifully soft white fluffy roll, a little like a supermarket soft white roll but with better texture, flavour and the benefit of the crunch from Shipton's delicious 5 Seed Mix (which we also add to pizza dough, because it's so good!.) These rolls keep well (much longer than supermarket rolls). Freeze them and pull a few out of the freezer a couple of hours before lunch or place the frozen rolls into a 180C (fan) oven for 5-10 mins for a delicious crust. Tip: We prove all our bread in the grill oven above the main oven. The grill oven stays off, but the main oven is set to 130C. We turn on the main oven as we take the dough out of the bread machine to give it about 10 mins to warm. The tray of rolls goes onto the floor of the grill oven with a sheet of baking paper gently rested on top (save the paper for on-going re-use).
225ml warm water
450g Shipton Canadian Strong White Bread Flour
50g soft butter
1 medium egg
1 tsp salt
2 tblsp caster sugar
9g dried easy bake yeast
75g Shipton Mill 5 Seed Mix
1. Place the 5 Seed Mix in the dispenser
2. Add the other ingredients in order shown to the bread machine bucket, keeping the yeast separate from the other ingredients
3. Use the pizza dough setting (1.5 hour programme) to make the dough
4. Weigh the dough and divide into 12 equal rolls
5. Equally space the rolls on a silicone tray liner in a 33cm x 25cm swiss roll tin
6. Generously flour the top of each roll
7. Prove for 30 mins, covered in a baking paper sheet
8. Bake for 18-20 mins at 180C (Fan)
9. Transfer to a cooling rack
We make a 600g flour version of this mix (see pics) but be warned that on a warm day the dough can reach the lid of the bread machine! Recipe:
300ml warm water
600g Shipton Canadian Strong White Bread Flour
70g soft butter
1 large egg
1.5 tsp salt
3 tblsp caster sugar
13g dried easy bake yeast
100g Shipton 5 Seed Mix
Divide the dough into 15 equal rolls - use the same swiss roll tin to get delicious tall soft rolls, just waiting to be torn apart and devoured!
Added by: Caroline Smith
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers