Quick, simple and oh so yummy! This recipe can easily be halved, but it's best to make the whole batch because they store amazingly well in the freezer.
The measures given for this recipe fit my baking tray which is 33 x 25cm (inside measurements). If yours is larger or smaller just scale the quantity of the ingredients up or down.
Time to make: 1 hour 10 mins (cooking time 1 hour)
187g Sourdough Discard
33g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2g Dried Rosemary
4g Mixed Small Seeds – linseed / poppy / sesame / chia
1g Sea Salt Flakes
2g Dried Rosemary
Scales, Bowl, Whisk, Baking Tray, Parchment Paper, Spoon, Pizza Wheel or Knife, Cooling Rack
1. Preheat the oven to 325 / Gas 3 ½
2. Weigh and combine all the ingredients into a bowl - except those reserved for sprinkling. Whisk well to achieve a smooth batter.
3. Line your baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the batter onto the parchment and use the back of a spoon to spread it right to the edges. The layer should be very thin.
4. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Rosemary.
5. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 mins.
6. Remove from the oven and use the pizza wheel or a knife to score the batter into cracker sized pieces. This will help you to break them apart when cooked.
7. Return to the oven for another 30 mins.
8. Remove from the oven and slide the crackers off the parchment onto a cooling rack.
9. When completely cool, break apart and store in an air-tight container. Enjoy with cheese!
Added by: Jane Pinn
We love to see what you've been baking, but are just updating this section at the moment - we will be able to accept new community recipes in the near future, please don't try to upload in the meantime as we won't be able to accept the photo or send a voucher yet.
If you add one of your own baking recipes with a photo to the Shipton Mill website, we will send you a voucher for 5% off your next order from the Flour Direct shop.
It's very easy, just click here to visit your " My Shipton Mill" page to get started.