After making sourdough bread there is always some starter and leaven left over. I use up this excess by making these wafer-thin seeded crackers – perfect with cheese!
The measures given for this recipe fit my baking tray which is 33 x 25cm (inside measurements). If yours is larger or smaller just scale the quantity of the ingredients up or down.
Time to make: 1 hour 10 mins (cooking time 1 hour)
187g Sourdough Discard
33g Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2g Dried Rosemary
4g Mixed Small Seeds – linseed / poppy / sesame / chia
1g Sea Salt Flakes
2g Dried Rosemary
Scales, Bowl, Whisk, Baking Tray, Parchment Paper, Spoon, Pizza Wheel or Knife, Cooling Rack
1. Preheat the oven to 325 / Gas 3 ½
2. Weigh and combine all the ingredients into a bowl - except those reserved for sprinkling. Whisk well to achieve a smooth batter.
3. Line your baking tray with parchment paper. Pour the batter onto the parchment and use the back of a spoon to spread it right to the edges. The layer should be very thin.
4. Sprinkle with Sea Salt and Rosemary.
5. Place in the middle of the oven and bake for 30 mins.
6. Remove from the oven and use the pizza wheel or a knife to score the batter into cracker sized pieces. This will help you to break them apart when cooked.
7. Return to the oven for another 30 mins.
8. Remove from the oven and slide the crackers off the parchment onto a cooling rack.
9. When completely cool, break apart and store in an air-tight container. Enjoy with cheese!
Added by: Jane Pinn
Due to a temporary suspension of some services by couriers, we are currently unable to offer delivery to the Republic of Ireland, or overseas. This is being looked into urgently, and as soon as services resume we’ll update you here. Deliveries to Northern Ireland can now begin again.
If you live in the Republic of Ireland, please don’t order for the moment, as we are unable to get the order to you.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers