Vegetable samosas, you won't be able to eat only one!
3 medium potatoes
100 g mixed vegetables, diced carrots, peas and sweetcorn
half a teaspoon cumin seeds
300g plain flour
1 teaspoon chopped ginger
three quarters of a teaspoon of chopped green chillies
three quarters of a teaspoon of semolina
1 teaspoon Garam masala
pinch of dried methi
1. Peel and cut potatoes into small dice, rinse and cook until just soft, drain.
2. Heat one and a half tablespoons of oil in a roomy pan, add cumin seeds and sweat then add chopped onion, sweat until soft.
3. Sieve flour into bowl and warm 2 tablespoons oil in a small pan, add half a teaspoon of salt and semolina and mix well, adding tepid water until dough comes together into a soft dough. knead well, as you would for bread.
4. Add 2 teaspoons salt to onions, cook for 5 minutes then add ginger and chillies. Add mixed veg into the pan, turn up heat, cover cook, stirring regularly for 10 minutes until carrot I soft. Add potatoes, mix well, add garam masala and methi and cool.
5. Divide dough into 8 balls.
6. Heat heavy frying pan or skillet, wiped with oily paper towel.
7.Roll each ball into a circle about 8 inches across.
8. Have ready a dampened tea towel.
9. Cook each side for a minute on skillet, before wrapping in teatowel. The dough should not be brown.
10. Cut discs in half to form semi circles, keep in towel while working on each pastry.
11. Make a thick flour and water paste. Use paste to stick one side of pastry, forming a cone shape. Add a spoonful of filling, paste across the top and fold top of cone over to seal into a triangular shape. Place onto a tray with great roof or parchment paper. Repeat with all pastry discs.
12. To cook, heat oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Fry in batches of 4 until golden brown, turning half way through. Drain on kitchen paper before serving.
These will keep for around 4 days in fridge, covered with cling film.
Added by: ElainePatricia
Good news, we are taking orders again, after clearing the initial backlog.
Levels of demand are still unbelievably high and we can only fulfil a finite number of orders each day. Please click here to find out more ...
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers