A recipe from Shipton Mill's "Discover Italian Baking" Day
This recipe is from Shipton Mill's "Discover Italian Baking" Day.
Note: The method used in the class uses added yeast to speed the fermentation process for the purposes of teaching. A traditional pizza dough uses only biga for fermentation which gives a better flavour to the bread, hence the fermentation process will be slower when you do the recipe at home unless you choose to add yeast. The timings given here are for a biga only recipe. If you are using yeast, reduce the timings for each of the proves below by 10min and load your pizza into the oven as soon as you have added the toppings.
420g Ciabatta Flour
10g Olive oil
8g Yeast (if required. If using yeast proving times will be reduced from those shown here).
Toppings to Taste
1. Heat your oven to 230ºC.
2. Weigh your water into a mixing bowl.
3. Add the biga and mix until smooth.
4. Add the flour, semolina and olive oil and work the ingredients together until you get a smooth dough (it should not be sticky).
5. Add the salt and work the dough until all the salt has been incorporated into the dough.
6. Rest the dough for 40min.
7. Cut and shape into rounds.
8. Rest for 40min.
9. Flatten the tops of your rounds.
10. Add your chosen toppings.
11. Rest for 10-20min.
12. Load your pizza into the oven and bake for 20-25min
13. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Added by: webmaster
Good news, we are taking orders again, as normal. Thank you for bearing with us during the challenge of C19 and we look forward to supplying you with our flour in the future.
Important note: Orders containing 10 sacks or more will be delivered by pallet.
Community bakeries and micro-bakeries can call us directly on 01666 505050 to place orders.
Keep safe and well
The Shipton Millers